WIZARD TUTORIAL - TUNING PACK
The property bag group pack wizard in the Mod Builder can be used to generate the appropriate file structure for a new Property Bag Group Pack (aka tuning pack). This guide will walk you through its usage.
Running The Wizard
- Launch the Mod Builder.
- Click File and select New.
- In the New Mod dialog, select PropertyBagGroupPack for Type and click OK.
- Click the … button beside the Mod File text box and select a location for your mod. You can save your mod anywhere, but it is recommended that you create a folder for it, e.g. C:\mods\my_property bag group\my_property bag group.mod.
- Enter in a Name and Description for your property bag group. This is the name and description that will show up in the Steam Workshop.
- If you have a preview image for your property bag group, click the … button beside the Preview Image text box and select it. It should be a TGA image with a resolution of 280x280. You can add this image later time if you do not have one.
- Click the … button beside the Attribute File text box and select a location for your attributes.
- Click OK to complete the wizard.
If you do not specify a full path for any paths other than the Mod File, the paths will implicitly be relative to your Mod File path.
Your completed wizard might look something like this:
Creating The Property Bag Group Pack
- Expand attrib\attrib then double click your attributes file. The Attribute Editor should start.
- Clone instances to alter their properties.
- When you are happy with your changes, save then close the Attribute Editor.
Completing The Property Bag Group Pack
- If you wish to update the Steam Workshop name/description of your property bag group:
- Expand info then double click your property bag group's name. The Mod Info dialog should appear.
- Edit your property bag group's name or description.
- If you wish to add a Steam Workshop preview image for your property bag group:
- Right click on info and select Add Burn File…
- Browse to your preview image and select it. It should be a TGA image with a resolution of 280x280.
- Right click on your preview image and select Add Burn Settings then generic-image to data-rgt. This will compress the image decreasing the size of your mod.
Testing The Property Bag Group Pack
- Click Build then select Build.
- A dialog will appear informing you that the build is in progress, wait for it to complete.
- If the build is a success, your property bag group will be copied to your Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\mods\tuning folder.
- Launch Company of Heroes 2 from Steam.
- Your tuning pack should appear in your custom game's options dialog.
- Create a Custom Game and select your Tuning Pack to test it out.
- If you are happy with your property bag group and wish to publish it to the Steam Workshop:
- Select the Modding HUB from the Company of Heroes 2 Main Menu.
- Select the Manage tab.
- Select your property bag group.
- Click Publish.