WIZARD TUTORIAL - WIN COND
Running The Wizard
- Launch the Mod Builder.
- Click File and select New.
- In the New Mod dialog, select WinConditionPack for Type and click OK.
- Click the … button beside the Mod File text box and select a location for your mod. You can save your mod anywhere, but it is recommended that you create a folder for it, e.g. C:\mods\my_win condition\my_win condition.mod.
- Enter in a Name and Description for your win condition. This is the name and description that will show up in the Steam Workshop.
- If you have a preview image for your win condition, click the … button beside the Preview Image text box and select it. It should be a TGA image with a resolution of 280x280. You can add this image later time if you do not have one.
- Click the … button beside the Win Condition File text box and select a location for your win condition file.
- Click the … button beside the Scar File text box and select a location for your scar file.
- Click OK to complete the wizard.
If you do not specify a full path for any paths other than the Mod File, the paths will implicitly be relative to your Mod File path.
Your completed wizard might look something like this:
Creating The Win Condition
By default, the wizard will generate a win condition that acts like annihilation, but you can edit your win condition file and scar file to create a wide variety of game modes.
- Expand game\winconditions then double click your win condition file.
- Edit your win condition file.
- Expand scar\winconditions then double click your scar file.
- Edit your scar file.
Completing The Win Condition
- If you wish to update the Steam Workshop name/description of your win condition:
- Expand info then double click your win condition's name. The Mod Info dialog should appear.
- Edit your win condition's name or description.
- If you wish to add a Steam Workshop preview image for your win condition:
- Right click on info and select Add Burn File…
- Browse to your preview image and select it. It should be a TGA image with a resolution of 280x280.
- Right click on your preview image and select Add Burn Settings then generic-image to data-rgt. This will compress the image decreasing the size of your mod.
Testing The Win Condition
- Click Build then select Build.
- A dialog will appear informing you that the build is in progress, wait for it to complete.
- If the build is a success, your win condition will be copied to your Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\mods\gamemode folder.
- Launch Company of Heroes 2 from Steam.
- Your win condition should appear in your custom game's options dialog.
- Create a Custom Game and select your Win Condition to test it out.
- If you are happy with your win condition and wish to publish it to the Steam Workshop:
- Select the Modding HUB from the Company of Heroes 2 Main Menu.
- Select the Manage tab.
- Select your win condition.
- Click Publish.